Situations involving immigration may be unpleasant and perplexing. You can trust that we have the expertise, training, and understanding to help you through the process because we understand what you’re going through. Our highly skilled immigration attorneys in the United States (with a combined experience of over 40 years) are ready to manage your case and give you personalized, innovative, and specialized attention to your immigration requirements in different locations.

What is an immigration lawyer?


An immigration lawyer is a legal professional that specializes in the field of immigration. According to, the most common services that are included in the job description of an immigration lawyers in Tampa include retirement and family-based petitions, asylum and refugee status, naturalization, removal defense, or citizenship. Every year thousands of immigrants seek the assistance and knowledge of an immigration attorney when navigating their way through the complex maze of rules and regulations involved in bringing family members or workers into the United States. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that more than fifty thousand lawyers work with immigrants and help them get green cards without leaving their homes.

Why should I hire an immigration lawyer?

There are thousands of legal professionals qualified to handle legal matters related to immigration. However, a specialist can make the process much quicker and easier for you. There are many different ways to become an immigrant without actually traveling abroad. Maybe your employer will sponsor you, or you might be able to do it through family unification. However, it is important to remember that being an immigrant does not mean that you will be exempt from strict immigration rules. This is why hiring one of the many immigration lawyers in Tampa is smart. There could be long waits for green cards, plus costs that could cost thousands of dollars if handled outside of the United States.

How can I make the right choice?


There are a few different ways that you can go about finding the right immigration lawyer. If your employer is willing to pay for it, you will probably want to go through them and get a referral. Otherwise, you should be able to find someone in your area who is qualified and experienced in immigration law. You should always make sure that they are licensed with the State Bar and check if they have received any awards or accolades for their previous legal work.

What is the process?

Getting a green card goes through steps that the government regulates. This involves petitioning your family members and proving that you can afford your living expenses, plus being financially responsible for them. This means that you will need to pay your way and be able to prove that you can support them during their stay in the United States. It starts with an application form and an interview. There may be a medical exam, background check, and finally, a USCIS interview where they will ask you how much money you are making and what kind of work experience you have.

What if I have a green card, but I am not in the United States?


If you already have a green card, you will be able to return to the country without any problem. You only need to follow a few simple steps listed on your paperwork. You will also be required to pay all of your documentation fees and any taxes that may have been incurred by using your expired visa. You will also need to file for reentry and go through this process just like you did when you first got the green card in the first place. However, if you have a student visa, you will need to file for a waiver to stay outside of the country and the USCIS process.

What are my chances of getting a green card?

There is no way to accurately predict how long it will take to resolve your case. However, with an experienced attorney on your side, you could be in the green card process in as little as 90 days or as long as six months. You can also expect to pay nothing if your attorney acts as a representative for you and cannot promise any specific time frames. You can always hire an immigration lawyer if there is any doubt that you may not be successful by yourself.

How do I get a green card?


The first thing to do is to learn about the different ways that you can get a green card. The most common way is to immigrate through family unification or through work sponsorship, but there is also refugee and asylum status, marriage and fiance visas, and diversity visas. It’s important to remember that there are also citizenship petitions for people who want to become citizens after living in the United States for a specific amount of time.

There are six steps that you will need to go through in order to get your green card

Immigration Interview At your interview, the USCIS officer will ask you to sign a contract stating that you are eligible for a green card. Then they will ask you questions about your background and answer any questions that they may have. In some cases, they might want to interview a family member or sponsor just in case there are any discrepancies in what you told them and what is true. You should bring relevant documents and evidence of tax returns, earnings, or other legal documents from your past. Medical Examination If you need to submit any medical records and supporting documents, you need to visit the USCIS office at least 8 days before the time of the appointment in order for someone to take your information. An appointment should be made via the USCIS website and you need to remember the following things: Have the right legal forms filled out

Be prepared with proper identification

Make sure that you have all of your documents ready Passport Photos You should bring your passport size photograph with you to your interview when you may also need to take one with a digital camera. Be prepared as they may ask for additional ones just in case. Fingerprints You will also need to get fingerprinted if we are applying for a green card, especially if you were arrested during the past 10 years. You may want to talk about this with your attorney so that they can inform you where these fingerprints can be taken.