Hiring process servers is important to ensure that your legal documents are not only delivered but they’re actually received by the individual or business you want to court.
They are usually equipped with tools like an electronic signboard, pager, and walkie-talkies. This way, they can be easily contacted in case of emergencies.
Here are six reasons why hiring process servers is definitely worth it
1) It’s faster than mailing someone a document. The mailed process is often disregarded or ignored entirely if it takes more than just a few days before getting taken care of. Process servers on the other hand have the advantage of being able to personally hand over papers directly to their intended recipient most people will take immediate notice of process servers, especially ones who are employed by or working for law firms.
2) They can serve to all parties involved. This means that if you need the process served to more than one person at a time, only one will be needed to take care of this task. This results in considerable cost-savings on your part. You won’t have to worry about costs piling up over unnecessary fees.
3) Process servers do not require any travel expenses unlike lawyers and their staff who may need mileage reimbursement since they’re constantly traveling back and forth from clients’ locations just to deliver papers or attend hearings or other court-related business. If you choose process service providers other than process servers, you may find yourself paying for their travel expenses as well.
4) Most process servers are non-lawyers who have undergone extensive training. These process servers are well versed in the procedures and know-how to conduct their job in a very efficient manner, unlike lawyers who can’t be bothered to learn process serving when they’re busy tackling cases for clients with more pressing legal needs. They also save you time because they are professionally trained in what is needed to be done when serving someone, unlike lawyers who may need to consult each other when it comes to handling papers that need signing or when filing documents or preparing exhibits
5) Process servers work according to Process Service Providers’ industry rules of ethics which means your sensitive information will not accidentally get leaked out since they will not take advantage of serving as a way to stalk or harass someone.
Process servers also work for less money so when serving in a hurry, they are your best bet to save you time and cost. If you can’t find someone who will serve for cheap.
6) When you hire one, it’s your guarantee that any legal papers will be given to their intended recipient like how they need to sign them or get back to court with an answer before the due date which is why process serving companies do not accept cases where “you want someone served” but fail to specify what document you want to be served. A process server usually brings papers to the processee’s doorstep, on which the processee must sign if he/she wants the process server to leave or hand over papers. If the processee objects to receiving papers, then process server places them on the doorstep and will return with proof that the server tried delivering legal documents but was refused on several attempts.
Over the years, process serving has been a very tedious task especially if done by individuals who do this for a living. This can be frustrating since you have to deal with delays or no-shows on some occasions which will only make your process service more stressful and time-consuming. On the other hand, hiring them means that they already know how to go about their business without putting too much stress on themselves and on others involved in the process. Since they’re professional process servers, they’ll also be able to take care of multiple service jobs at one time freeing up your schedule from any unnecessary stress so you can focus on more important things.
The one thing you don’t have to worry about when hiring process servers is them making several mistakes. This will be a great time-saving task for you since they are experts in the field and will know where to find people hiding or avoiding the service of the process. You also don’t have to go through the summon yourself, which means that no more stress will be added to your life. A professional process server has already been trained on how to do this job right, and they’ll always make sure that they get the process served as soon as possible. They’re even paid by the hour, so if they’re late with your service then they won’t get paid! These professional services can even include things like background checks to make sure that the server is truly professional and can get your process served to whoever needs it.
A process server will only charge you after they serve the process, so if no one can be found or served then you won’t have to pay for their service. If you do hire a process server, then you don’t have to worry about costs affecting your case. Hiring a process server might be more expensive than trying it yourself, but when you need something done correctly then hiring an expert might be cheaper in the end! Making sure everyone has been properly served helps all parties involved with any legal action since they’ll know where to find each other for court appearances or negotiations.
They are great people to hire to help you with landlord-tenant disputes because if they are properly used process servers can be very accurate at tracking down the person and serving them their notice and other legal documents. They will also know how to serve legally and correctly for bankruptcy or eviction. A process server should always be hired when doing a private party lawsuit since it is much simpler hiring one than having to do all of the paperwork yourself! If you need any sort of service done as quickly as possible then using a process server to track down someone who may not want to be found can make things go smoother. Click here to read more.