Being a victim of a truck accident is a traumatic event that can leave you devastated, confused, and overwhelmed, and nobody wants to be in a condition like that
Still, If you find yourself in situations like this, you need the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer because you cannot deal with it alone.
Hiring the services of a personal injury lawyer will help you get compensation for your injury more quickly than if you had done it yourself.
While looking for help, you might have heard the term “personal injury lawyer” and you have no idea who that is; well, personal injury lawyers are attorneys that handle all kinds of injury cases, including truck accidents.
We have competent lawyers that have experience in handling all the complexities that come with investigating a truck accident that led to death or injuries.
Why Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer For Truck Accident
Truck accidents are usually complicated because there are responsible parties involved and many potential causes like failed steering, a drunk driver, a sleeping driver, etc.
Without a good personal injury lawyer, you might be unable to get to the bottom of issues, negotiate the best settlement, or fully understand the extent of your losses.
Below are reasons you should hire a personal injury lawyer for truck accidents.
- Appropriate Legal Strategy. The methods used in handling car accidents differ when handling truck acidents. In truck accidents, you need a professional truck accident claim, and to get this, you need to hire an expert personal injury lawyer that has a specialized legal skillset, excellent knowledge, and patience. You do not want to hire an injury lawyer that will plug your truck accidents claim in an already used blueprint; you need one that is innovative, a lawyer who can craft an excellent strategy for your truck accident claim. Note; if you or anyone close to you gets involved in a truck accident, the first thing to do is to hire a personal injury lawyer- a lawyer who will recognize the severity of your case and put in much effort to present the most substantial claim possible
- The Trucking Industry Has Rules And Regulations. State and Federal regulatory agencies have rules and regulations that govern truck companies and their driver’s behavior. These rules cover different subjects ranging from who is to be held responsible in accidents to how long drivers can go between breaks. You might know of these rules, but experienced personal injury lawyers do. They know these rules and regulations so well that once they are called for truck accident cases, they will use these rules to put together the most substantial claim against the truck driver, their company/employee, and whoever might be liable for the damages. Mezrano Law Firm has well-versed personal injury lawyers in the best positions to handle your truck accident claim.
- Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Can Handle All Complex Negotiations. The legal processes involved in truck accident claims are rigorous and time-consuming, from paperwork to legal issues to sort out and lots of insurance agents and lawyers to talk to. If you are the victim of a truck accident, you may not be in the best condition to handle all the complex proceedings while recovering. Our injury lawyers will handle all the vital communication, perform legal research, gather evidence, and negotiate possible settlements; we ensure you are up-to-date with all the proceedings while you recuperate.
- They Determine Liability In A Truck Accident Case: Mant truck accidents are much more complicated than many car accidents because most truck accident victims are unaware that there may be more than one party to be held responsible for their losses and injuries.
Defendants involved in a truck accident may include the following;
- The Truck Driver.
- The Truck Manufacturer.
- The Trucking Company.
- Insurance Companies.
- Government Entities.
The Shipping Company (responsible for loading the cargo on the truck). Etc.
If the driver involved is an independent contractor of a large truck company, the case may be how serious the company executes supervision over their contract drivers.
If any part of the truck fails while on the road and causes an accident, the truck company or manufacturer that produces the truck parts is liable.
A personal injury lawyer that has experience working with truck accident cases can quickly point out all the liable parties in your accident case and hold them responsible by taking them to court.
Questions To Ask Your Personal Injury Lawyer Concerning Truck Accidents
Surviving a truck accident might make you emotional, but you shouldn’t allow your situation to affect your decision-making in hiring an experienced lawyer. Below lies lists of practical questions to ask your injury lawyer;
1) Can You Negotiate Strongly With Insurance Companies?: Most individuals sometimes prefer a fast settlement over a prolonged court case, but hiring a seasoned personal injury lawyer will significantly improve your chances of acquiring a quicker payment.
2) Do You Offer Representation Of Contingency Basis: Most injury lawyers offer you the choice of working on a contingency basis, meaning if they don’t win the case, they won’t be paid any expenses or fees.
3) Does Your Law Firm Specializes In Truck Accident Cases: Most personal injury lawyers handle all categories of injury/accident cases, but only a few specialize in handling severe truck accidents. Ask the injury lawyer for proof of won claims and settlements.
Truck accident cases are known to be complicated, and your injuries might require expensive medical care; the injury lawyer you will hire should be able to fight for you and get you the compensation you need to clear all your outstanding medical bills.