|Capital:||€ 252 million|
|Country of origin:||United States of America (USA)|
|Source of wealth:||Entrepreneur|
Ivana Marie “Ivanka” Trump is the eldest daughter of the incumbent president of the United States. Since her father took office, she has served as his advisor to the White House. Previously, Ivanka appeared primarily as an entrepreneur, among others in the family company. This article takes a look at the woman who is referred to by many as the “secret first lady”.
Ivana Marie Trump was born in New York in 1981 and comes from Donald Trump’s first marriage. Since childhood, her first name has been Ivanka, which is a grammatical diminutive (diminutive) of her birth name and can therefore be seen as a nickname. The name also serves as a demarcation to the mother of the same name.
After attending two private schools in Manhattan and Connecticut, Ivanka Trump first attended Georgetown University to study economics. After two years she moved to the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School, which her father and older brother Donald Jr. had already attended. In 2004 she completed her bachelor’s degree there with the grade cum laude.
Ivanka Trump was already active in the fashion industry during her school education. The teen magazine “Seventeen” printed Ivanka on her cover in 1997 as part of a series about famous mothers and daughters. She also modeled for prominent brands such as Versace and Tommy Hilfiger. According to her own statement, however, it was always important to her that these activities took place outside of everyday school life and did not impair it.
Shortly after completing her bachelor’s degree, Ivanka Trump joined the family business “The Trump Organization” as Vice President. The company appears primarily as a manager of luxury properties and golf courses. It also maintains departments for family-owned brands (eg suits and perfumes) and entertainment formats (“The Apprentice”). Ivanka Trump took over the position of Vice President of the Real Estate Department from 2005 and from 2015 also head of the Group’s operational business. This function previously held by her father had become vacant due to his presidential candidacy, so that Ivanka and her brothers followed.
In parallel to her work in the family business, Ivanka Trump expanded her own fashion and jewelry label. Since 2007 she has been selling her collection, which now includes clothing, handbags, shoes and jewelry, in her own flagship store in New York. In addition, other well-known department stores such as “Macy’s” sell Ivanka Trump’s products. Her clothing line has been criticized at times by animal welfare organizations for the use of real fur and by other designers for alleged counterfeiting.
Ivanka Trump also appeared in the media. At the age of 15, she moderated the election for Miss Teen USA. At that time, this format was partly owned by her father Donald Trump. Ivanka Trump appeared in his television show “The Apprentice” from 2006 as well as in Heidi Klum’s program “Project Runway”, which is looking for aspiring fashion designers.
With the presidency of her father Donald, whom she supported in his candidacy by trying to mobilize the female electorate, Ivanka Trump entered American politics. In March 2017, the US President appointed her “President’s Assistant”. Since then, she has dealt with issues such as women, equality and health without any reference. She represented the USA at the Women20 Summit in Berlin in 2017 and accompanied her father to the G20 Summit in Hamburg in 2017.
– Bachelor in Economics – 2004
– Vice President Development and Acquisition at the Trump Organization – 2005
– Board member 100 Women in Hedge Funds – 2012
– Assistant to the President of the United States of America – 2017
– “Nobody speaks of a working man, but certainly of a working woman, which still has a strange connotation.”
– “With Donald Trump we have a candidate who understands the difference between ‘wanting something’ and ‘doing something’.”
– “Life is a marathon, not a sprint. It’s about seeing the big picture. ”
– “If the facts do not fit the theory, change the facts” – an avoidable Einstein quotation, reproduced by Ivanka Trump, but which the physicist has never said so.
– In protest against their father’s misogynistic manner of “pussy grabbing”, numerous people boycotted companies that sell products from Ivanka Trump’s fashion label. Some of these companies then took the Trump collection out of their inventory.
– Shortly after her father took office and just a day after dinner with China’s President Xi Jinping, Ivanka Trump received the trademark rights to sell her fashion collection in China.
– Unlike her father, Ivanka Trump also follows politically different people on social networks. While some take this as evidence of a more liberal worldview, this “direct line” to the president’s daughter is used by critics to appeal for a change in policy.
– Ivanka Trump’s best friend was Chelsea Clinton, the daughter of Bill and Hillary Clinton, for many years. The friendship broke up in the election campaign that their parents waged against each other.